Average Length Of Stay In Memory Care Unit
Two to three years is the average length of stay for an individual in either memory care or assisted living. However, the length of stay can vary widely, based on several different factors.
Typical Length Of Memory Care Stays
Providing an exact timeline for average stays can prove to be difficult. Certain individuals may only reside for a few months in memory care, while others stay for upwards of ten years. The same is true for residents of assisted living communities, but the average length of stay remains two to three years. If, for instance, the individual receives some sort of at-home care prior to moving into memory care, the timeline can drop drastically. The memory care stay may last less than a year at this point.
Factors Impacting Length Of Stay
The length of stay very much depends on the following factors:
- Overall Health
- Family Support
- Type Of Impairment
When To Move To Memory Care
Here are some clear indicators that your loved one may need the attention provided at a memory care unit:
1. Behavior Changes
Individuals suffering from dementia may begin acting differently. Some things may barely be noticed, while other behaviors may be jarring. Changes in motor skills, behavior and overall isolation should be closely monitored. Individuals with dementia may also become easily confused, agitated or anxious.
2. Decline In Physical Health
Physical changes can be one of the most obvious signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s. During this bout, the individual may become thin or frail. Physical conditions can quickly worsen as the individual can be forgetful about taking medications.
3. Constant Confusion
Dementia will cause disorientation and confusion. This can lead to tragic car accidents with the elderly. Some individuals may get lost and confused, even in familiar places.
Retirement Communities In Arizona
With independent living communities all across the valley, SLS Communities offers the very best facilities and services for senior citizens. Independent communities are currently located in Sedona, Mesa, Peoria and Surprise, Arizona. Living options include studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, all inside relaxing, resort-style communities. Enjoy weekly trips to shopping, restaurants and entertainment centers. A wide range of activities will be sure to entice all residents, as well!
More Articles About Retirement
- Golf Clubs For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- What Is Dementia?
- How To Retire At 50
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2021
- Ten Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Covid Vaccine Update: What Seniors Need To Know
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401K
- Funny Quotes About Aging Gracefully
- Independent Living Benefits
- Strength Training For Older Adults
- Retiring In Arizona Pro’s and Con’s
- Physical Games For Seniors
- 12 Card Games For Senior Citizens
- Music Seniors Love
- Five Tips For Seniors In Arizona Summers
- Classic Movies Popular With Seniors
- Netflix Movies Popular With Seniors
- How Seniors Can Keep Healthy This Summer
- Video Games Seniors Like
- Eight Birthday Tips For Seniors In Assisted Living
- Mesa AZ Assisted Living Costs
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Sun City, AZ
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2020
- Does Medicare Cover Assisted Living Costs?
- Coronavirus Advice For Seniors
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, AZ?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost In Arizona?
- Best Board Games For Seniors
- How Much Does Independent Senior Living Cost?
- Best TV Shows For Seniors With Alzheimers
- Books Popular With Seniors
- New Years Resolutions For Seniors
- Cost of Assisted Living in Phoenix Arizona
- Christmas Ideas In Assisted Living
- Great Jokes For Seniors
- Christmas Quotes For Seniors
- Birthday Quotes For Seniors
- National Senior Games Association
- New Grandparents Quotes
- Pets In Assisted Living
- Ten Fun Things To Do With Someone In Assisted Living
- Activities for Seniors
- Great Balance Exercises For Seniors
- What Are Some Benefits of Assisted Living?
- How To Find An Assisted Living Facility?
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- When Is the Right Time to Move From Assisted Living to Memory Care?
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- Retirement Wishes for a Boss
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Coworkers & Colleagues
- Retirement Quotes, Wishes, Sayings
- Best Retirement Communities In Arizona 2018-2019
- Benefits Of Retiring In Arizona
- What is Independent Living?
- What Type Of Doctor Do I See For Memory Loss?
- Elderly Home Safety Checklist
- What To Do After Retirement | 19 Activities & Retirement Hobbies
- What’s The Best Way To Save For Retirement In Your 50s?
- Types Of Retirement Homes
- How To Move A Parent With Dementia To Assisted Living
- Best Retirement Communities For Active Adults
- Dealing With Aging Parents Depression
- Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- When Is It Time For Assisted Living?
- How Do You Talk To Someone With Dementia?
- Seven Stages Of Dementia
- Best Low Risk, High Return, Safe Investments For Seniors
- Do I Pay Taxes On Social Security After Age 66?
- Difference Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
- Do Seniors Pay Taxes On Social Security Income?
- Top 5 Retirement Communities in Arizona
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Colleagues
- Checklist For Assisted Living
Find Quality Assisted Living Care With SLS Communities
If you’re looking for the very best assisted living in Phoenix; SLS Communities can help! We have 5 locations in the Phoenix Valley that seniors and their families can choose from. With great amenities such as meticulously manicured landscaping, swimming pools, theater rooms, on-site salons, and much more! SLS Communities delivers today’s seniors the very best assisted living care services in the Phoenix, Arizona area.
Check out our locations below
For more information about assisted living and senior living services please call 480-348-0300.
12 thoughts on “Average Length Of Stay In Memory Care Unit”