Best Golf Exercises For Seniors
This post will focus on exercising these four areas of the body:
Any senior golfer may find back pain to be the most noticeable ailment when playing the sport. Back pain can be extremely difficult to deal with while on the course. Stretching before hitting the links is essential. Try this exercise:
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the ground at the same time.
- Keep your arms flat on the ground, as well.
- Your feet must be shoulder width apart.
- Keep your hands and shoulders flat on the ground while raising your hips simultaneously.
- Your hips should form a straight line from your knees to your head.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the ground.
- Repeat the exercise 8-10 times.
Seniors experiencing cramping in the quadriceps is all too common. Here is a good exercise to use as a preventative before hitting the links:
- Stand up with both of your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Use a door or large object to steady yourself.
- Bend one leg and knee while holding it close to your buttocks.
- Use the hand on that same side to hold the leg in position.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- You will feel your quad stretching at this point.
Every golfer knows how important it is to have strength in your legs while swinging the club. This stretch is used to keep your legs loose and strong.
- Sit up straight in a chair.
- Have both feet flat on the floor.
- Keeping your back straight, slowly raise a leg.
- Keep that leg horizontal with the floor.
- Hold the pose for up to 5 seconds.
- Repeat the motion with the opposite leg.
- Try to perform this stretch 8-10 times on each side.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Keep your knees in the air and feet planted on the ground.
- Drop both of your knees to the left side.
- Hold this pose for a good 10-15 seconds.
- Return to the starting position, then repeat the exercise on your right side.
Retirement Communities In Arizona
With independent living communities all across the valley, SLS Communities offers the very best facilities and services for senior citizens. Independent communities are currently located in Sedona, Mesa, Peoria and Surprise, Arizona. Living options include studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, all inside relaxing, resort-style communities. Enjoy weekly trips to shopping, restaurants and entertainment centers. A wide range of activities will be sure to entice all residents, as well!
More Articles About Retirement
- Golf Clubs For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- What Is Dementia?
- How To Retire At 50
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2021
- Ten Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Covid Vaccine Update: What Seniors Need To Know
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401K
- Funny Quotes About Aging Gracefully
- Independent Living Benefits
- Strength Training For Older Adults
- Retiring In Arizona Pro’s and Con’s
- Physical Games For Seniors
- 12 Card Games For Senior Citizens
- Music Seniors Love
- Five Tips For Seniors In Arizona Summers
- Classic Movies Popular With Seniors
- Netflix Movies Popular With Seniors
- How Seniors Can Keep Healthy This Summer
- Video Games Seniors Like
- Eight Birthday Tips For Seniors In Assisted Living
- Mesa AZ Assisted Living Costs
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Sun City, AZ
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2020
- Does Medicare Cover Assisted Living Costs?
- Coronavirus Advice For Seniors
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, AZ?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost In Arizona?
- Best Board Games For Seniors
- How Much Does Independent Senior Living Cost?
- Best TV Shows For Seniors With Alzheimers
- Books Popular With Seniors
- New Years Resolutions For Seniors
- Cost of Assisted Living in Phoenix Arizona
- Christmas Ideas In Assisted Living
- Great Jokes For Seniors
- Christmas Quotes For Seniors
- Birthday Quotes For Seniors
- National Senior Games Association
- New Grandparents Quotes
- Pets In Assisted Living
- Ten Fun Things To Do With Someone In Assisted Living
- Activities for Seniors
- Great Balance Exercises For Seniors
- What Are Some Benefits of Assisted Living?
- How To Find An Assisted Living Facility?
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- When Is the Right Time to Move From Assisted Living to Memory Care?
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- Retirement Wishes for a Boss
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Coworkers & Colleagues
- Retirement Quotes, Wishes, Sayings
- Best Retirement Communities In Arizona 2018-2019
- Benefits Of Retiring In Arizona
- What is Independent Living?
- What Type Of Doctor Do I See For Memory Loss?
- Elderly Home Safety Checklist
- What To Do After Retirement | 19 Activities & Retirement Hobbies
- What’s The Best Way To Save For Retirement In Your 50s?
- Types Of Retirement Homes
- How To Move A Parent With Dementia To Assisted Living
- Best Retirement Communities For Active Adults
- Dealing With Aging Parents Depression
- Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- When Is It Time For Assisted Living?
- How Do You Talk To Someone With Dementia?
- Seven Stages Of Dementia
- Best Low Risk, High Return, Safe Investments For Seniors
- Do I Pay Taxes On Social Security After Age 66?
- Difference Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
- Do Seniors Pay Taxes On Social Security Income?
- Top 5 Retirement Communities in Arizona
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Colleagues
- Checklist For Assisted Living
Find Quality Assisted Living Care With SLS Communities
If you’re looking for the very best assisted living in Phoenix; SLS Communities can help! We have 5 locations in the Phoenix Valley that seniors and their families can choose from. With great amenities such as meticulously manicured landscaping, swimming pools, theater rooms, on-site salons, and much more! SLS Communities delivers today’s seniors the very best assisted living care services in the Phoenix, Arizona area.