A talent contest is always best when done as a surprise to all in attendance. Making everyone participate in the contest and finding out their hidden talents can really serve as the highlight of the night. Give everyone a few minutes to decide on their presentation, then draw a random order for participation. A great way to run the competition is to either have the retiree show off one of his/her talents or serve as the judge. Make sure the winner receives a prize at the end.
The Bucket List
Put a box in the front, center or back of the room. Have each guest write down something they would put on their bucket list. Now, you can either pull these cards and read them aloud at the end of the party or you can turn it into a guessing game. Have a contest where the crowd must accurately select which person wrote the certain bucket list item.
Guess The Beer/Wine
This game will surely be a crowd-pleaser! Guessing blindfolded which type of beer or wine you are drinking can be a great game because many people can participate. Depending on the tastes of the crowd, you can either play this game with beer or wine. Start by pouring out three ounces of each beer or glass of wine. It’s recommended to use either four different beer types or four bottles of wine. Make the selections as diverse as possible for a fun guessing game. A stout, pilsner, cider or brown ale could be used. For wine, try to use one red, a white, blush and sparkling choice. Of course, you could always play this game with liquor instead, but be careful.
Two Truths And A Lie
In a retirement party setting, there are a few ways this game can be played. You can either have guests come up with two true stories about the retiree, including one line, or strictly have the retiree tell two truths and one lie. All guests will participate in picking out which of the three anecdotes is fake. For this game, the crowd should receive three index cards to write whether or not they believe the story is true or a lie.
Never Have I Ever
Use a traditional bingo board setup for this fun activity. Yet, instead of numbering put some crazy items in the bingo spaces. For example, the boxes could include travel stories or something more revealing such as any embarrassing arrests. The goal of this game is to get someone to cross off five of the items the fastest. Crossing off a row of 5 in any direction should be enough for the win.
Retirement Communities In Arizona
With independent living communities all across the valley, SLS Communities offers the very best facilities and services for senior citizens. Independent communities are currently located in Sedona, Mesa, Peoria and Surprise, Arizona. Living options include studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, all inside relaxing, resort-style communities. Enjoy weekly trips to shopping, restaurants and entertainment centers. A wide range of activities will be sure to entice all residents, as well!
More Articles About Retirement
- Golf Clubs For Seniors
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- What Is Dementia?
- How To Retire At 50
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2021
- Ten Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Covid Vaccine Update: What Seniors Need To Know
- How To Save For Retirement Without A 401K
- Funny Quotes About Aging Gracefully
- Independent Living Benefits
- Strength Training For Older Adults
- Retiring In Arizona Pro’s and Con’s
- Physical Games For Seniors
- 12 Card Games For Senior Citizens
- Music Seniors Love
- Five Tips For Seniors In Arizona Summers
- Classic Movies Popular With Seniors
- Netflix Movies Popular With Seniors
- How Seniors Can Keep Healthy This Summer
- Video Games Seniors Like
- Eight Birthday Tips For Seniors In Assisted Living
- Mesa AZ Assisted Living Costs
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Sun City, AZ
- Best Places To Retire in Arizona 2020
- Does Medicare Cover Assisted Living Costs?
- Coronavirus Advice For Seniors
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Peoria, AZ?
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost In Arizona?
- Best Board Games For Seniors
- How Much Does Independent Senior Living Cost?
- Best TV Shows For Seniors With Alzheimers
- Books Popular With Seniors
- New Years Resolutions For Seniors
- Cost of Assisted Living in Phoenix Arizona
- Christmas Ideas In Assisted Living
- Great Jokes For Seniors
- Christmas Quotes For Seniors
- Birthday Quotes For Seniors
- National Senior Games Association
- New Grandparents Quotes
- Pets In Assisted Living
- Ten Fun Things To Do With Someone In Assisted Living
- Activities for Seniors
- Great Balance Exercises For Seniors
- What Are Some Benefits of Assisted Living?
- How To Find An Assisted Living Facility?
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- When Is the Right Time to Move From Assisted Living to Memory Care?
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- Retirement Wishes for a Boss
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Coworkers & Colleagues
- Retirement Quotes, Wishes, Sayings
- Best Retirement Communities In Arizona 2018-2019
- Benefits Of Retiring In Arizona
- What is Independent Living?
- What Type Of Doctor Do I See For Memory Loss?
- Elderly Home Safety Checklist
- What To Do After Retirement | 19 Activities & Retirement Hobbies
- What’s The Best Way To Save For Retirement In Your 50s?
- Types Of Retirement Homes
- How To Move A Parent With Dementia To Assisted Living
- Best Retirement Communities For Active Adults
- Dealing With Aging Parents Depression
- Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- When Is It Time For Assisted Living?
- How Do You Talk To Someone With Dementia?
- Seven Stages Of Dementia
- Best Low Risk, High Return, Safe Investments For Seniors
- Do I Pay Taxes On Social Security After Age 66?
- Difference Between Assisted Living and Nursing Homes
- Do Seniors Pay Taxes On Social Security Income?
- Top 5 Retirement Communities in Arizona
- Funny Retirement Wishes For Colleagues
- Checklist For Assisted Living
Find Quality Assisted Living Care With SLS Communities
If you’re looking for the very best assisted living in Phoenix; SLS Communities can help! We have 5 locations in the Phoenix Valley that seniors and their families can choose from. With great amenities such as meticulously manicured landscaping, swimming pools, theater rooms, on-site salons, and much more! SLS Communities delivers today’s seniors the very best assisted living care services in the Phoenix, Arizona area.