- Start by placing a chair on the floor.
- Sit tall with either your legs crossed or straight out in front of you.
- Pull your shoulder blades together/downward.
- Slowly twist your left side while placing your right hand on the outside of your left knee.
- Place your left hand behind your back for support.
- Hold the twisting motion for 30 seconds.
- Return to resting position.
- Repeat this motion on the other side.
- Place either a rolled up towel or yoga mat on the floor.
- Lie down with the towel or mat resting beneath your shoulder blades near the middle of your back.
- Bring your arms away from the body slowly.
- Rest your arms at a 45-degree angle.
- Hold this position for 60 seconds.
- Face the corner of the room with your feet together.
- Keep your feet at least two feet from the corner of the room.
- Next, place a forearm on each wall.
- Make sure to keep your elbows below shoulder height.
- Lean forward while keeping your lower back as neutral as you can.
- Hold the pose for a good 30-60 seconds.
- Start off in a kneeling position, keeping your hips and buttocks resting on your lower legs and feet.
- Spread your knees apart (stay as comfortable as possible).
- Fold your body forward and bring your chest downward towards your knees.
- Bring your forehead to the floor with your arms stretched out going forward.
- Gently rest your hands on the floor.
- Keep your arms straight.
- Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
- Return to the upright position gently.
Opposite Arm And Leg Raises
- Begin this exercise by getting down on all fours.
- Keep your spine straight for this exercise.
- Keep hands directly below your shoulders and knees aligned underneath your hips.
- Slowly reach out with one arm while extending the leg on the opposite side simultaneously.
- Keep both your arm and leg straight and steady at this time.
- Hold the pose for a couple seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Repeat this motion with the opposite arm/leg.
- Try to do 10-15 repetitions on each side.
Latissimus Dorsi Stretch
- You are free to perform this exercise either standing up or sitting down.
- Begin by raising your right hand straight over your head.
- Bend your elbow, dropping your right hand to your upper back area.
- Next, put your left hand on your right elbow.
- Pull your right arm to your left slowly.
- Bend your body to the left in a straight line while pulling your right elbow.
- Hold this pose for at least 20 seconds.
- Repeat the motion on the opposite side.
- Lie flat on your back, bending your knees at the same time.
- Feet should be flat on the floor while pulled in as close as possible to the buttocks.
- Keep arms by your sides.
- Raise your pelvis to the ceiling while squeezing your buttocks.
- Your shoulders should support your body weight once elevated above the ground.
- Hold for 5 seconds.
- Lower your torso gently back down.
- Repeat this exercise 12-15 times.
Find Quality Assisted Living With SLS Communities
If you’re looking for the very best assisted living in Phoenix; SLS Communities can help! We have 5 locations in the Phoenix Valley that seniors and their families can choose from for assisted living services. With great amenities such as meticulously manicured landscaping, pools, theater rooms, on-site salons, and much more SLS delivers seniors the very best assisted living services in Phoenix, Arizona.