Driver Description – Sedona Winds
JOB TITLE: Driver
SUPERVISOR: AL Director
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the transporting of residents to scheduled and unscheduled appointments, activities and outings. Assists with shopping and errand running for residents as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drives all facility vehicles for the purpose of transporting residents and errand running for residents and designated staff members.
- Assists residents in getting on and off van or in and out of vehicles as needed.
- Tracks attendance and is accountable for resident’s presence on or in vehicles.
- Loads and coordinates parcels and equipment (walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.) for residents.
- Schedules routine maintenance (in coordination with maintenance personnel) for vehicles and is responsible for keeping vehicles clean.
- Keeps accurate mileage, maintenance and passenger records.
- Read, understand and comply with all regulations regarding resident’s rights.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience driving a van or bus with good driving record.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Lifting and carrying
- Pushing and pulling
- Climbing, bending, twisting
- Talking and listening
- Sitting and walking
- Can respond calmly and logically in the event of an emergency
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- May be exposed to contaminated articles
- Work is performed mostly inside