LPN Description – Sedona Winds
JOB TITLE: LPN
SUPERVISOR: Assisted Living Center Manager
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing a level of care to all residents within the confines of the Assisted living Community of Sedona Winds. Ensure the safety, dignity and emotional and physical well being of residents and execute all care plans in accordance with all local and state requirements as well as with Sedona Winds policies and procedures. Be conscious of budgetary and occupancy goals. Train and supervise staff regarding nursing procedures and medication management program as required by State law and Sedona Winds policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work in coordination with Assisted Living Manager
- Do a physical inspection on all residents at least once a week or more frequent if needed
- Provide input on all care plans for all residents
- Supervise, train, schedule, and assign work for all caregivers
- Work in caregiver capacity if needed in event of absences
- Responsible for making sure all care plans are properly carried out in accordance with State law and Sedona Winds policies and procedures
- Monitor all charting for residents
- Maintain communication between residents, their families and their physicians
- Maintain communication with pharmacy providing medications
- Monitor medication administration to ensure all state and local regulations are being followed
- Maintain complete and current files for all residents in accordance with state and local regulations and Sedona Winds policies and procedures.
- Respond to all emergency calls and provide appropriate intervention within the limits of Canyon Winds license and state and local regulations.
- Follow all OSHA requirements.
- Maintain current licensure requirements.
- Is current on all state, federal, and local requirements for Assisted Living facilities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident records.
- Maintain good community relations for the purpose of promoting business for Sedona Winds and ensure our good standing in the local community.
- Carry pager, cellular phone, walkie-talkie, etc., as required by Assisted Living Manager.
- Be available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Maintain communication between self and Assisted Living Manager.
- Understand and comply with all requirements of resident’s rights.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years college education.
- P.N. license in good standing with State licensing authority.
- Two years experience working as licensed L.P.N.
- At least one year working in a supervisory position over care givers, C.N.A.’s and nurse aides.
- At least one year experience working in long-term or geriatric care
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to respond to emergencies of all kinds
- Excellent communication skills
- CPR certified
- Certified in Assisted Living Management is a plus
- Ability to handle staffing and employee issues
- Ability to apply extensive medical knowledge when applicable and appropriate within the guidelines of state and local law
- Computer literate within the boundaries of job requirements
- Meet all state health requirements
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Climbing, reaching, bending
- Pushing and pulling
- Lifting and carrying
- Talking and listening
- Sitting and walking
- Distinguishing smells, tastes and temperatures
- Reading and writing
- Communicating with residents and personnel
- Maintain composure under stressful conditions
- Hear and respond to resident emergency call system
- Some exposure to hazardous waste.
- Some exposure to communicable diseases.