Cook Description – Sedona Winds
JOB TITLE: Cook
SUPERVISOR: Dietary Supervisor
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for food preparation and presentation in accordance with appropriate health department regulations and Sedona Winds policies, procedures and menus. Assist in managing the food ordering, delivery, stock and inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion.
- Store food properly.
- Ensure presentation is attractive.
- Be aware of special dietary needs of residents.
- Responsible for overseeing cleanliness of all utensils, equipment and work areas in strict compliance with health department and Sedona Winds regulations.
- Assist in hiring, orienting and scheduling of staff.
- Adhere to all procedures regarding infection control, food borne illness prevention, chemical handling and fire and safety procedures.
- Responsible for following all recipes and documentation of leftovers.
- Attend required in-service training.
- Read, understand and comply with all regulations regarding resident rights.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write.
- At least one year working as a cook.
- Experience in long-term or geriatric care helpful.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must be able to relate to residents and family members and work cooperatively with other employees and vendors.
- Must maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Must have current food handlers card
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Reaching, grasping and lifting.
- Pushing and pulling.
- Distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures.
- Remain calm under stressful situations.