Laundry Assistant Description – Chaparral Winds
JOB TITLE: Laundry Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Housekeeping Supervisor / AL Manager
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsibilities Performs the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies. Ensures the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner and that an adequate supply of linens is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents. Collects and sorts soiled laundry, linens, and garments and places them in appropriate containers or assigned areas. Separates items that require special stain removal/treatment. Washes items in accordance with established procedures. Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linens, and garments, etc. in accordance with established procedures. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual cleaning and laundry duties, as instructed by Manager and per Chaparral Winds housekeeping procedures manual, in resident apartments, common areas, and some building perimeters
- Completes maintenance work orders when needed and submits to front desk
- Complies with all regulations required by OSHA and Chaparral Winds Retirement Community policies and procedures
- Reads, understands and complies with all issues regarding resident rights.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent in training and experience
- Must be able to speak and understand English language
- Nine months to a year experience in housekeeping in hotel, motel or senior retirement industry
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires knowledge of cleaning solvents, chemicals, and contagious or infectious materials
- Must be able to follow cleaning instructions and adhere to established schedule
- Must be polite and sensitive to residents and respectful of their personal property and privacy
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Lifting and carrying
- Pushing and pulling
- Climbing, reaching, bending and twisting
- Talking and listening.
- Standing and walking
- Visual ability to see dust, dirt, fingerprints, cobwebs, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- May be exposed to contaminated articles