Housekeeper Description – Chaparral Winds
JOB TITLE: Housekeeper
SUPERVISOR: Housekeeping Supervisor / AL Manager
BROAD SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing all laundry and housekeeping functions required as scheduled in order to maintain an attractive, clean, safe and comfortable environment to meet the needs of the residents and in accordance with all Chaparral Winds policies and procedures and State and Local regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual cleaning and laundry duties, as instructed by Manager and per Chaparral Winds housekeeping procedures manual, in resident apartments, common areas, and some building perimeters
- Completes maintenance work orders when needed and submits to front desk
- Complies with all regulations required by OSHA and Chaparral Winds Retirement Community policies and procedures
- Reads, understands and complies with all issues regarding resident rights.
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent in training and experience
- Must be able to speak and understand English language
- Nine months to a year experience in housekeeping in hotel, motel or senior retirement industry
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires knowledge of cleaning solvents, chemicals, and contagious or infectious materials
- Must be able to follow cleaning instructions and adhere to established schedule
- Must be polite and sensitive to residents and respectful of their personal property and privacy
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: (With or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Lifting and carrying
- Pushing and pulling
- Climbing, reaching, bending and twisting
- Talking and listening.
- Standing and walking
- Visual ability to see dust, dirt, fingerprints, cobwebs, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- May be exposed to contaminated articles